This Terms and Conditions Agreement (“Agreement”) sets forth the legally binding terms for your use of the Services. By using the Services, you agree to be bound by this Agreement, whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you simply browse the Website) or you are a “Member” (which means that you have registered with BookBildr and set up an Account). The term “User” refers to a Visitor or a Member.
BookBildr is only responsible for the website and software – our printing partners, Peecho B.V., provide printing, download, shipping and payment processing services. You can read their Terms and Conditions here.
You represent and warrant that you are authorized to enter into this Agreement on behalf of yourself and/or the entity that you purport to represent.
Additional Terms. In order to participate in or receive certain Services, you may be required to download content and/or agree to additional terms and conditions. Unless otherwise provided by the additional terms and conditions applicable to the Services in which you choose to participate or that you choose to receive, those additional terms are hereby incorporated into this Agreement. To the extent there is a conflict between the terms in this Agreement and the terms and conditions posted for a specific area of the Website or in connection with a Service, the latter shall have precedence with respect to your use of that area of the Website or Service.
Amendments. BookBildr may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective: (1) for Users who first use the Services after the posting, upon posting by BookBildr on the Website, (2) for existing Users, thirty (30) days after posting by BookBildr on the Website, or (3) for existing Members, if the modifications to the Agreement are material, thirty (30) days after BookBildr sent an e-mail containing a notification of such modifications and the continued use of the Services by the Member thereafter, which shall constitute the Member’s acceptance of the amended Agreement. If you do not agree to the modification, you must cease your use of the Services.
1. Eligibility. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that: (a) all required registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are thirteen (13) years of age or older; and (d) your use of the Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your BookBildr Account (the “Account”) may be deleted without warning if we believe that you are younger than thirteen (13).
2. Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Services or are a Member. You may delete your Account and end your membership at any time, for any reason by following the instructions on the “My Account” page. BOOKBILDR MAY TERMINATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY REASON, EFFECTIVE UPON SENDING NOTICE TO YOU AT THE THEN-CURRENT E-MAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR ACCOUNT PROFILE. Even after any termination, Sections 8 through 26 of this Agreement will remain in effect. You understand that termination of this Agreement and your Account involves deletion of your BookBildr profile information from our live databases as well as any Content that you uploaded to the BookBildr Website using such Account. BookBildr will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your Account or related deletion of your information.
3. Fees. You acknowledge that BookBildr reserves the right to charge for Services and to change its fees from time to time in its discretion, upon posting by BookBildr on the Website. Upon using the Services, you will be responsible for the payment of any applicable fees, and shall pay such fees to BookBildr as set forth on the Website.
4. Conditions of sale.
4.1 Payment processing. All payment processing operations are done by our printing partners, Peecho B.V. BookBildr reserves the right, at any time, to change its prices and billing methods for Books and other products sold, either immediately upon posting on the Website, or by e-mail delivery to you.
4.2 Fees and Charges. You agree to pay all fees and charges incurred in connection with your orders and purchases (including any taxes imposed on your orders and purchases, including, but not limited to, sales, use or value-added taxes, unless you provide BookBildr with sufficient evidence that the order and purchase is made solely for the resale or redistribution of the Book or other product to your customers) at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. BookBildr may automatically charge and withhold such taxes for orders to be delivered to addresses within any jurisdictions that it deems is required. When you order Books or other products for overseas delivery, you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied when the package with the Books or products arrives at the destination that you specified. Any charges for customs clearance have to be borne by you, as BookBildr has no control over such charges and cannot foresee the amount charged (if any). Since customs policies vary from country to country, you should contact the customs office in the country where you have us ship your Books or other products to get more information. Please be also aware that you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of such country.
4.3 Disputes. You must notify us or our printing partner, Peecho, in writing within seven (7) days after receiving your credit card statement, if you dispute any of our charges on that statement, or such dispute will be deemed waived. Billing disputes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the contact form on the Website. If BookBildr does not receive payment from your credit card issuer or its agent, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by BookBildr or its agents.
4.4 Returns. All sales of Books and other products are subject to BookBildr’s then-current return policies, as stated in this Agreement.
5. Order acceptance policy. Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify BookBildr’s acceptance of your order. BookBildr reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. BookBildr further reserves the right any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. Your order will be deemed accepted by BookBildr upon our delivery of the products that you have ordered. We may require additional verifications or information before accepting any order.
6. Title and Risk of Loss. All sales of Books and other products are made FOB shipping agent. Title and risk of loss to each shipment of the Books and other products shall pass to you upon transfer to the shipping agent, FOB.
7. User Account & Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a username and a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the Account, username, or password of another Member at any time. You agree to notify BookBildr immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your Account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your Account. By creating a BookBildr user account, you agree to receive communication from BookBildr.com.
8. Your Book Content.
8.1 Definitions. “Content” includes text, files, design templates, images, photos, video, sounds, works of authorship, and other material. Your “Book Content” includes Content that you include in the Books using the stock illustrations provided by BookBildr, upload to BookBildr for Books and print services, or that you contribute to the Books of other Members. BOOKBILDR HAS NO OWNERSHIP OF YOUR FINAL BOOK CONTENT.
8.2 Ownership of Your Book Content. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own or otherwise have the right to grant the licenses set forth in this section for the Book Content that you provide to and post on the Services, contribute to other Members, or provide for our print services to have them printed in a Book, and (ii) your Book Content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright rights, or other rights of any person or entity.
8.3 Submission of Your Book Content. You may use BookBildr’s tool to write, illustrate and otherwise prepare your book for print or download. You may also upload and use your own images, provided you have the right to use them. You bear the sole responsibility for the images and text you upload.
8.4 License. In order for BookBildr to be able to provide you with our Services, you hereby agree to provide us with the following licenses to use your Book Content:
8.4.1 License to print your Books. You hereby grant to BookBildr a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully-paid and royalty-free license (a “License”) to reproduce and distribute your Book Content for the purpose of printing the Books that you order, and for any other related purpose that you authorize (including the use by other Members as a contribution to their Books). You agree that BookBildr reserves the right to maintain the electronic files for any Book(s) to fulfill any further orders which may be placed for such Book(s) and to maintain an archival copy of the printed Book.
8.5 ISBN Numbers; Publisher Status. BookBildr may provide features that permit you to include an International Standard Book Number (“ISBN”) with your Book. Depending on the features, you may be permitted to acquire an ISBN through BookBildr or provide your own ISBN for inclusion in your Book. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, NOTWITHSTANDING THE METHOD YOU USE TO OBTAIN AN ISBN FOR YOUR BOOK(S), BOOKBILDR IS NOT THE PUBLISHER OF YOUR BOOKS (INCLUDING YOUR BOOK CONTENT) AND YOU WILL NOT STATE OR OTHERWISE SUGGEST THAT BOOKBILDR IS THE PUBLISHER OF YOUR BOOKS. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE THE PUBLISHER OF YOUR BOOK(S) (INCLUDING YOUR BOOK CONTENT) AND, IN ANY CASE, THAT YOU BEAR THE FULL AND ULTIMATE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PUBLICATION AND DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR BOOKS (INCLUDING YOUR BOOK CONTENT).
9. BookBildr Content. The Services contain Content of BookBildr and its licensors (“BookBildr Content”). BookBildr and its licensors (including Users) own and retain all proprietary rights in the BookBildr Content and the Services. BookBildr hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license to reproduce and publicly display the BookBildr Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the Website and using the Services. Except as provided in the previous sentence, you shall not reproduce, distribute, publicly perform (including by means of digital audio transmission), publicly display, create derivative works of, and otherwise use the BookBildr Content.
10. Other Content. Notwithstanding Section 8.4.1 above, You hereby grant to BookBildr an irrevocable, perpetual, nonexclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free license (with right to sublicense) to use, create derivative works, reproduce, distribute and publicly display any Content, but not your Book Content, that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available on the Website (“Other Content”). Examples of Other Content include your digital correspondences with BookBildr via social media, any public information you upload about a Book through our Website or App, and public profile information you provide through our Website or App. We may use Other Content in our internal and external marketing materials as well as to provide You with better service and support.
11. Your Content and Activity. You are solely responsible for any and all Book Content and Other Content that is posted by or through your Account on any Services (including any Content that you may have received by third parties) including any e-mail, or included in Books submitted by you for print services, and for your interactions with other Users. You agree that BookBildr retains the right to create limits on BookBildr’s archiving of such data, including but not limited to the right to delete such data after a certain period without a purchase or to charge for extended storage of such data.
11.1 Prohibited Content. YOU MAY NOT INCLUDE “PUBLISHED BY BOOKBILDR,” “BOOKBILDR PUBLISHING” OR ANY OTHER REFERENCE THAT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY SUGGESTS OR IMPLIES THAT BOOKBILDR IS THE PUBLISHER OF THE BOOKS THAT YOU CREATE USING THE SERVICES. You agree that you will not post, submit for print services, or otherwise provide to the Services, any Prohibited Content. “Prohibited Content”includes Book Content or Other Content that: (i) is offensive, pornographic, or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; (ii) bullies, harasses, or advocates stalking, bullying, or harassment, of another person; (iii) involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” unsolicited mass mailing, or “spamming,”; (iv) is false or misleading or promotes, endorses or furthers illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous; (v) promotes, reproduces, performs or distributes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s work that is protected by copyright or trade secret law, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protection devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files; (vi) is involved in the exploitation of persons under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 13; (vii) provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses and other harmful code; (viii) solicits passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users; (ix) contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or similar software; (x) violates any applicable law, including, but not limited to laws and regulations governing export control, unfair competition, anti-discrimination and false advertising; (xi) involves commercial activities that are detrimental to the interests of BookBildr; or (xii) otherwise violates this Agreement or creates liability for BookBildr. BOOKBILDR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO PRINT ANY BOOK THAT CONTAINS CONTENT THAT IT DETERMINES IN IT SOLE DISCRETION IS PROHIBITED CONTENT, and you agree to indemnify and hold BookBildr and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, suppliers, service providers, and partner companies harmless for any claims, losses, liabilities and expenses arising out of or relating to any breach of this section.
11.2 Your Profile. Any Content posted by you in your profile may not contain nudity, violence, sexually explicit, or offensive subject matter. You may not post or submit for print services a photograph of another person without that person’s permission.
11.3 Member Interaction. You will not use (a) the Services and (b) any information obtained from the Services in order to harass, abuse, send Spam to, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any User without their prior explicit consent.
11.4 No Disruption. You will not: (i) cover or obscure the banner advertisements that might be placed on your personal profile page, or any BookBildr page via HTML/CSS, scripting, or any other means, if any; (ii) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Services or the networks or services connected to the Services; or (iii) introduce software or automated agents to the Services, generate automated messages, or to strip or mine data from the Services.
11.5 Miscellaneous. You will not attempt to impersonate another User or person, including any employee of BookBildr. You will use the Services in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
11.6 Enforcement by BookBildr. BookBildr has the right (but not the obligation) to review any Content and delete any Content that in the sole judgment of BookBildr violates this Agreement; is Prohibited Content, is illegal, violates the rights, harms, or threatens the safety of any User or any other person; or creates liability for BookBildr, its suppliers, service providers, partner companies, or any User. BookBildr reserves the right (but has no obligation) to investigate and take action in its sole discretion against you if you violate this provision or any other provision of this Agreement, including without limitation, removing Prohibited Content from the Services, terminating your membership, reporting you to law enforcement authorities, and taking legal action against you.
12. Copyright Policy. It is BookBildr’s policy to terminate membership privileges of any Member who infringes copyright upon prompt notification to BookBildr by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Services or used in any Book in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of the location on the Service of the material that you claim is infringing; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Contact BookBildr’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement via the contact form on the website or by sending an email to email@example.com.
13. Quality of the Products
13.1 The images of the Products on the Website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Products. Products may vary slightly from those images. The packaging of the Products may also vary from that shown on images on the Website.
13.2 We make every effort to supply the Products as advertised but reserve the right to supply the Products subject to minor variations in actual dimensions and specifications stated. All Orders will be produced using the information provided by you at the time of Order and we will not be held responsible for any errors submitted by the End Customer, including where User Content of a low resolution or file size has been submitted to print.
13.3 We are committed to providing the highest quality Products. However, on rare occasions, Products may be found to be faulty or defective. You must tell us of any Product faults within 7 days of the date of the receipt. To report any problems, please contact us via the contact form on the Website or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If there are any quality problems with physical products, please notify our printing partners, Peecho B.V., directly via email@example.com and send photos demonstrating the fault. We will endeavour to respond to all customer service requests within 24 hours. We will only replace items where required to do so by law and may require photographic evidence of the faulty or defective Products.
14.1 We use a third party printing partner to create Products through BookBildr, and our third party suppliers deliver the Products to the relevant address supplied within an Order. We will use our reasonable endeavours to Fulfil your Order by the estimated delivery date set out in the Dispatch Confirmation, generally within 5 working days UK, 10 working days Europe or 14 working days internationally unless there is an Event Outside Our Control (as defined in Clause 14). If we are unable to meet the estimated delivery date because of an Event Outside Our Control, we will contact you with a revised estimated delivery date.
14.2 Delivery is deemed to take place when the Products are delivered to your End Customer’s nominated address, whereupon the risks of loss and all damage and all other risks pass to the End Customer.
14.3 We retain title in the Product(s) until delivery of the Product(s) to the End Customer or payment has been made for the Product(s), whichever occurs first. Upon delivery of the Products to the End Customer, title shall pass to the End Customer.
14.4 We will attempt to deliver internationally to countries with a functioning postal service (the “International Delivery Destinations”). However you acknowledge that we cannot be liable for the functioning of such postal services.
14.5 If you order Products for delivery to one of the International Delivery Destinations, your Order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your Order. We shall have no liability for any Products not delivered to an International Delivery Destination where the Products are seized or held in Customs, or where Products cannot be released or are destroyed.
15. Third Parties and Other Users.
15.1 Third Party Content. Content from other Users, advertisers, and other third parties is made available to you through the Services. Because BookBildr does not control such Content, you agree that BookBildr is not responsible for any such Content, including advertising and information about third party products or services. Because BookBildr does not have control over such Content, BookBildr makes no guarantees about the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of such Content, and BookBildr assumes no responsibility for unintended, objectionable, inaccurate, misleading, or unlawful Content made available by other Users, advertisers, and third parties.
15.2 Responsibility. Your interactions with other Users or third parties, or with advertisers, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the other User, the advertiser, or third party. The foregoing also applies to any interaction between Members (including the contribution and/or receipt of any Content) in the course of using the Services’ functionality to make contributions to the books of other Members and to receive contributions from other Members to your own Books. You agree that BookBildr will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such interactions and dealings listed in this section or with respect to any other User’s use or disclosure of your personally identifiable information. If there is a dispute between you and any third party (including any User), BookBildr is under no obligation to become involved; however, BookBildr reserves the right to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
16. Limited Warranty.
16.1 Limited Warranty for Books. BookBildr and Peecho will offer you a replacement if there is an obvious quality problem with the books. However, we are not to be helf liable for user-made mistakes such as typos, formatting issues, etc.
16.2 Exceptions to Warranty. BookBildr does not proof, edit or change any of the Content in the Books that you post or submit for print services unless you order a proofreading and editing service. As a result, the foregoing limited warranty does not include the obligation to correct (a) typographical errors, mistakes in grammar, unfinished text or other text errors; (b) low resolution images that may appear blurry in print; (c) design issues, including book format, organization, style, color and page layout; or (d) any other creative choices that you make related to the Book. YOUR BOOK CONTENT CANNOT BE EDITED ONCE THE ORDER HAS BEEN PUT IN PRODUCTION. Therefore, you agree that you will not upload Book Content unless it has been fully proofed and you are satisfied that it is ready to be published. BookBildr is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content (including any profile information) posted on the Services, whether caused by Users, Members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Services. BookBildr assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any User or User communication. BookBildr is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any hardware and software due to technical problems on the Internet or at the Website or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Services. Under no circumstances shall BookBildr be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Services or from any Content posted on the Website or transmitted to Users, or any interactions between Users of the Services, whether online or offline.
16.3 Disclaimers. TO THE EXTENT LEGALLY PERMITTED UNDER THE APPLICABLE LAWS, (A) THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND AS AVAILABLE AND EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 14.1 ABOVE, (B) BOOKBILDR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION. FOR FURTHER WARRANTY INFORMATION YOU MAY CONTACT BOOKBILDR’s CUSTOMER SUPPORT DEPARTMENT.
17. Limitation on Liability. TO THE EXTENT LEGALLY PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, BOOKBILDR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF BOOKBILDR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, BOOKBILDR’s LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO ANY CAUSE OF ACTION WHATSOEVER, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF FIFTY U.S. DOLLARS ($50), OR THE AMOUNTS YOU PAID TO BOOKBILDR IN THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACCRUAL OF THE CLAIM. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL LIMIT OR EXCLUDE BOOKBILDR’s LIABILITY FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT OF BOOKBILDR OR ITS AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES, OR FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
IN ADDITION TO THAT, BOOKBILDR IS NOT TO BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY MANUFACTURING OR SHIPPING DELAYS.
18. Release. You hereby release BookBildr, its officers, employees, agents and successors from claims, demands any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from any interactions with other Users.
19. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold BookBildr, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from your breach of any provision of this Agreement.
20. Electronic communications. By signing up for a BookBildr account you agree to receive communication via email. You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. The communications between you and BookBildr use electronic means, whether you visit the Website or otherwise use the Service or send BookBildr e-mails, or whether BookBildr posts notices on the Website or communicates with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from BookBildr in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that BookBildr provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were be in writing. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights.
21. Additional Services. BookBildr offers editing, ghostwriting, illustrating and Amazon formatting services. BookBildr reserves the right to refuse the customer any service without any explanation. All services include one free revision unless stated otherwise in written communication. When the illustrating service is concerned, BookBildr is not responsible for any misunderstandings between the customer and the illustrator but will attempt its best to assist in getting the issue resolved.
BookBildr will offer a refund for purchased services only if: a) the service could not be performed at all b) the files could not be used in any way and the customer can provide proof of that. In all other cases, revisions will be provided instead of a refund.
22. Governing Law and Arbitration. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Serbia without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles that may provide the application of the law of another jurisdiction. You and BookBildr agree to submit to the jurisdiction of, and agree that venue is proper in, the state courts located in Niš, Serbia in such legal action or proceeding. The application of the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods is hereby expressly excluded.
22. Relationship of Parties. You and we are independent contractors, and nothing in this Agreement will create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship between us. You have no authority to make or accept any offers or representations on our behalf. You will not make any statement, whether on your site or in your Book Content, that would reasonably contradict anything in this section.
23. Notices. BookBildr may give any notice required by this Agreement by means of a general notice on the Website, electronic mail to your e-mail address on record with BookBildr, or by written communication sent by first class mail or pre-paid post to your address on record with BookBildr. Such notice shall be deemed to have been given upon the expiration of forty-eight (48) hours after mailing or posting (if sent by first class mail or pre-paid post) or twelve (12) hours after sending (if sent by email).
24. Events Outside Our Control. A party will not be liable for non-performance or delay in performance (other than of obligations regarding payment of money) caused by any event reasonably beyond the control of such party including, but not limited to wars, hostilities, revolutions, riots, civil commotion, national emergency, epidemics, fire, flood, earthquake, force of nature, explosion, embargo or any “act of God.”
26. Copyright/Trademark Information. Copyright © 2020-2022, BookBildr. All rights reserved. The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Website or in connection with the Services are the property of BookBildr or other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without the prior written consent of the third party that owns the Mark.