BookBildr is an online-based tool that makes it possible for you to create your own illustrated book from scratch. You don't need any design experience because BookBildr has everything in stock. You can choose different backgrounds, shapes, frames and illustrations, and add them to your book. The number of combinations is endless and no story will be alike. All images on BookBildr are in public domain, which means they are OK for both personal and commercial use.
Once your book is finished, you have two options: to download a PDF or to order printed copies that will be delivered to your address. We ship worldwide!
With BookBildr, you can easily create illustrated books in four different formats: medium square, large square, landscape, and portrait. You can download the books you create as PDFs or order hard copies.
You can use BookBildr to create:
- picture books for children
- personalized gifts
- learning materials for school, church, or any other organization
- photobooks with your own images or a combination of our illustrations and your images
- and much more!
The short answer is, it's for anyone with Internet access who wants to make an illustrated book or a PDF. More specifically, it's for:
- parents and grandparents who want to put their stories to life and make personalized children's picture books
- independent writers who want to try their hand at writing and illustrating their own stories
- children who want to write books like grownups
- schools, kindergartens and other educational organizations
- the list is endless, really!
Yes, we do. You get:
- 10% off when you order 5-14 copies
- 15% off when you order 15-49 copies
- 20% off when you order 50-99 copies
- 25% off when you order 100-249 copies
- 30% off when you order 250 or more copies
Currently, the editing tool is for desktops only. We'll release a mobile version in the near future.
You and only you. BookBildr is just a tool to help you make your book. All the illustrations we offer are public domain, so you don't have to worry about that either.
With BookBildr, you don't really need to format your book in any special way. However, keep in mind the following:
- A digital publication (PDF) can have as many or as few pages as you like
- The minimum number of pages for a softcover is 16, and the minimum number of pages for a hardcover is 24
- The first and last pages are the front and back book covers
- Please make sure you have an even number of pages because otherwise the back cover will be white (we'll notify you of that before you purchase the book). Note that we add a "Credits" page automatically and it's always the page before last
- Don't place any elements too close to the page edges. Use the "Grid lines" button for guidelines and place your content within the red frame
- If you've used the Grid function, don't forget to switch it off before ordering your book
There are some distinctions between how softcover and hardcover books are made.
- The first page of the book will be on the front cover
- The second page of the book will be on the inside of the front cover
- The "Credits" page will be put on the inside of the back cover
- The first page of the book will be put on the front cover
- The inside of the front cover will be white
- The second page of the book will be on the first left page inside the book
- The inside of the back cover will be white
To add text to a page, do the following:
BookBildr's text tool works similarly to how typewriters used to work in the old days. This means that it doesn't add a new line automatically - you need to hit "Enter" for that.
The "Layers" makes it possible for you to rearrange elements on the page and change which elements stay on top of other elements. For example, you want to move an image to the background. To do that, click on the image, then click on the "Layers" button, select the background option, and then click anywhere outside the editing area. The image will be moved to the background.
Uploading images is simple - select the "Upload" function from the left sidebar and browse to the image you want to upload. If you want to reuse the image, you'll need to upload it again because we don't store your pictures for security and privacy reasons.
Currently, we don't have an auto-save feature, so please make sure you click on the "Save" button often. We don't want you to lose your work!
Currently, you can't change the order of your pages. We'll add this feature soon.
If there is a print quality issue, please send an email to our printing partner at email@example.com, describe the problem, and include some photos. They will happily reprint the product for you free of charge if it's the printer's fault. However, please note that we can't accept returns or issue refunds for any other reasons. We cannot refund or replace items if you simply changed your mind or ordered the wrong size or shape.
We aren’t being nasty here - we simply can’t accept returns because there is no way for us to sell your custom-made product. Ordinary store-bought products can only be returned because they can be resold to other customers.
If, for any reason, you’re not satisfied with our product, please let us know. We strive to provide top-quality products, so it's important for us to know how we could improve. You can contact us via the contact form on the website.
We know how frustrating it is when something doesn't arrive when expected. Don't worry, we've got you covered!
As long as you entered your shipping address correctly, we’ll be happy to send you a complimentary replacement. Just contact our printing partner's customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org and they’ll take it from there. Don't forget to include your order number.
If the product arrives damaged, send us some photos and your order reference number, and we'll happily replace it.
The estimated delivery times shown on our website are only estimates based on our experience in shipping products to various countries. So please allow a bit more time for your order to get delivered, especially if you ordered during the holiday rush.
Factors which could delay delivery times include:
- Mistyped or incorrectly formatted address
- Customs and import restrictions
- Failed delivery attempts (i.e. no one was home to receive the order)
- Postal strikes
- Other adverse conditions such as natural disasters
For all concerns regarding shipping, contact email@example.com with your order number.
Our manufacturers attempt to dispatch orders within 2-4 business days. Then everything is up to the local postal service or courrier.
Once your order is shipped, please allow (as a very general rule):
UK: 1-5 working days
Europe & US: 4-10 working days
Rest of World: 7-45 working days
We know about this problem and we're working on fixing it. Luckily, there's a workaround: click inside the text box that gets cut off, keep pressing the right arrow button on your keyboard to put the cursor at the end of the typed text, then add enough space bars for your whole text to appear.
If you're using Gmail, the account activation email may take up to an hour to arrive. Unfortunately, this happens because of how Gmail prioritizes emails, which means we can't influence it in any way. Please be patient and wait. If your activation email doesn't arrive after an hour, send us the email address you used to register and we'll activate your account manually.
All illustrations provided by BookBildr come from free stock websites or from our partner illustrators. The illustrations are public domain and are free for commercial use. If you think that an illustration breaches copyright laws, please contact us via the contact form and report your concern.